ಕುಶಲಕರ್ಮಿಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಆಸ್ಟ್ರೇಲಿಯಾ ಸೂಕ್ತ ಸ್ಥಳವಲ್ಲ !?
ಆಸ್ಟ್ರೇಲಿಯಾ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ನಿರಂತರವಾಗಿ ಔದ್ಯಮಿಕ ಸಂಬಂಧಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಬದಲಾವಣೆ ತರುತ್ತಿರುತ್ತದೆ. ಕೆಲಸದ ಬೆನ್ನು ಹತ್ತಿ ಅಲ್ಲಿಗೆ ವಲಸೆ ಹೋದ ಪದವೀಧರರು ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ಟ್ಯಾಕ್ಸಿ ಡ್ರೆೃವರುಗಳೋ, ಆಫೀಸ್ ಕ್ಲೀನರ್ಗಳೋ ಅಥವಾ ಪಿಜ್ಜಾ ಅಂಗಡಿಯ ಕೆಲಸಗಾರನೋ ಆಗಬೇಕಾಗುತ್ತದೆ! ಆಸ್ಟ್ರೇಲಿಯಾಗೆ ಬರಲು ಬಯಸುವವರು, ಅದಕ್ಕಿಂತ ಮೊದಲು ಇಲ್ಲಿರುವ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಸ್ನೇಹಿತರನ್ನು ವಿಚಾರಿಸಿ ಬನ್ನಿ. ಬುದ್ಧಿವಂತರಿಗೆ ಮತ್ತು ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಇದು ಸರಿಯಾದ ಜಾಗವಲ್ಲ...!
- ಪ್ರೇಮಚಂದ್ರನ್ ರಾಜರತ್ನಂ
I respect India as the biggest democratic country in the world. As you all have reach to many Indians you also have responsible to warn the skilled emigrants from your country on the potential problems they could face in foreign countries such as Australia.
Australian government keep on making new changes to Industrial relations to help Australian employers who employ the skills migrants for a short time until extort the necessary skills for their business and then throw them out. This has happened to many of us. It is the "law of jungle" that prevails in Australia.
Austrlaian employers use team work, group work and documentation buzz words in business to force these skilled migrants to extort the skills and then they train thier favourite employees (mostly white Australians or Eurpoean settlers) on those skills. In some cases, migrants were forced to train others in the first few months and then leave quietly to obtain better reference. If they make trouble they will lose character reference which is a disaster for their carrier. A cheap way to train poorly educated Australians using skilled migrants.
Most of the migrants are underemployed to survive here for the sake of their children future. Some migrants who lose their job end up in taxi driving, office cleaning, pizza shops etc. though they hold number of degrees. These people compose the middle class Australians who pay the huge amount of tax to care the ageing population in Australia.
Migrants often seperate for a long time from their parents, other family members, relatives and friends. After coming here they have no help to care your children. Their children are in childcare for most part of their life while both parents struggle in the work place to survive under pressure.
Main difficulties faced by skilled migrants to AUS:
1. End up paying mortgage on their house until death or often beyond that pass the mortgage to children. Australian housing market is the most expensive (average house price / average income) in the world. Average house price is A$500,000. Average gross salary of migrants $52,500/year which after tax is $35,000. After essential expenses they are left with $15,000/ year to pay $500,000 mortgage.
2. Poor school for the kids. Average education in Australia may be better than average in India or China but if one take aveage on big cities in India or China where most of you come from, the education quality is much better in India or China is far better than Australia.
3. Ever increasing cost of higher education. Migrants and their children will share the high cost of University education. HIgher education in Australia is a joke. Increasingly many Australian employers do not respect them. There are many court challenges against the poor education in Universities.
4. Majority of skilled migrants fall in 30k to 60k salary bracket who pay the most taxes in Australia to care the aging population.
5. Migrants progress in work place will be always limited to certain level. They are often underemployed. Of course they cant compete with communication skills of natual Australian and they are in the office place to be slave all the way while their colleagues stayed back become as Excutives in their later lives.
These are only few of the problems. Migrants should talk to their friends in Australia before coming here. If they are an unskilled worker it may be better here but Australia is not a place for skilled workers with high ambitions.