ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು, ನವೆಂಬರ್ 28: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಐಟಿಇ. ಬಿಜ್ ನ 19ನೇ ಆವೃತ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಸಿದ್ದರಾಮಯ್ಯ ಅವರು ಸೋಮವಾರ ಉದ್ಘಾಟಿಸಿದರು. ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಐಟಿ.ಬಿಜ್ ಮೇಳದಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರೀಮಿಯರ್ ಐಟಿ ಮತ್ತು ಎಲೆಕ್ಟ್ರಾನಿಕ್ಸ್ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮವು ಅರಮನೆ ಆವರಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಮೂರು ದಿನಗಳ ಕಾಲ ನಡೆಯಲಿದೆ.
ಉದ್ಘಾಟನಾ ಭಾಷಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಸಿಎಂ ಸಿದ್ದರಾಮಯ್ಯ ಅವರು ವೈಫೈ, ಆಪ್ಟಿಕಲ್ ಫೈಬರ್, ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನದ ಅರಿವು, ಕೌಶಲ್ಯ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ, ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕಕ್ಕೆ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ಅವಕಾಶ ಮುಂತಾದ ವಿಷಯಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಮಾತನಾಡಿದರು.
ಈ ಸಮಾರಂಭದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರಿ ಮತ್ತು ಮಧ್ಯಮ ಕೈಗಾರಿಕಾ ಸಚಿವ ಆರ್ ವಿ ದೇಶಪಾಂಡೆ, ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಸಚಿವ ಕೆಜೆ ಜಾರ್ಜ್, ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಮತ್ತು ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಹಾಗೂ ಬಯೋ ಟೆಕ್ನಾಲಜಿ ಹಾಗೂ ಪ್ರವಾಸೋದ್ಯಮ ಸಚಿವ ಪ್ರಿಯಾಂಕ್ ಖರ್ಗೆ, ನೆದರ್ಲೆಂಡ್ ಹೇಗ್ ನ ಉಪ ಮೇಯರ್ ಕರ್ಸ್ಟೆನ್ ಕ್ಲೇನ್, ಕಿಯೋನಿಕ್ಸ್ ಚೇರ್ಮನ್ ಡಿ ಸುಧಾಕರ್, ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಮುಖ್ಯ ಕಾರ್ಯದರ್ಶಿ ಸುಭಾಶ್ ಚಂದ್ರ ಕುಂಟಿನಾ, ಇನ್ಫೋಸಿಸ್ ಸಹಸ್ಥಾಪಕ ಕ್ರಿಸ್ ಗೋಪಾಲಕೃಷ್ಣನ್, ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಮತ್ತು ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಪ್ರಧಾನ ಕಾರ್ಯದರ್ಶಿ ವಿ ಮಂಜುಳಾ, ಮೈಕ್ರೋಸಾಫ್ಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾದ ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷ ಅನಂತ್ ಮಹೇಶ್ವರಿ, ಎಸ್ ಟಿಪಿಐ ಇಂಡಿಯಾದ ಡೈರೆಕ್ಟರ್ ಜನರಲ್ ಡಾ ಓಂಕಾರ್ ರೈ ಮುಂತಾದವರು ಪಾಲ್ಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದರು.
19ನೇ ಆವೃತ್ತಿಯ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಐಟಿಇ.ಬಿಜ್ ಉದ್ಘಾಟನೆ ಮಾಡುತ್ತಿರುವುದು ಸಂತಸದ ವಿಷಯವಾಗಿದೆ. ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರ ಹಾಗೂ 11 ಗ್ರಾಮ ಪಂಚಾಯತ್ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ವೈಫೈ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಒದಗಿಸುವುದು ನಮ್ಮ ಮುಂದಿನ ಗುರಿಯಾಗಿದೆ ಎಂದರು.
2. Inclusivity, innovation and impact - these have been the key stones of our agenda. Our policies have always emphasised on promotion of growth of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Startups in two-tier and three-tier cities and provision of appropriate skills to rural and semi-urban population.
3. With digital inclusion becoming the most important parameter of growth and economic development, it is the intention of our Government to see that the last mile connectivity is provided in all our villages.
4. For this we will be banking on the availability of National Optic Fibre Network up to the Grama Panchayat level.
5. I have directed the Department of IT and BT to examine feasible options and suggest a viable means of providing such an infrastructure.
6. The impact of digital inclusion will be manifold.Village-level entrepreneurs would have ready access to the online market place and would have the opportunity to explore new markets for their products and services.
7. It is a fact that achieving gender equality would have large economic impact. IT sector has enabled significant number of women to join the work space, but more needs to be done.
8. We need to provide opportunities for our rural girls to fully realize their potential.
9. Our Government has recently launched an initiative - 'Chetana' to empower the girl child with technology, exposure and mentoring. More than 350 girls have participated in the first phase of the programme.
10. Our Government has been augmenting the industrial infrastructure in two-tier and three tier cities.
11. We understand that the creation of innovation eco-system is important in all parts of Karnataka if we need to propel the growth of local enterprises.
12. Recently, our Government has approved a proposal to set up six common instrumentation centres across Karnataka. These centres will provide opportunity to electronic hardware Startups and MSMEs to have easy access to high quality instrumentation facilities for fine-tuning their products.
13. The State also intends to support setting up of technology business incubators in the potential areas of Internet of things, Electronics System Design and manufacturing, Robotics, 3D Printing, Nanotechnology, Medical devices, Health technology and Clean technology, in phases across the State.
14. By ensuring that every idea, with a potential to create impact, is supported through funding and access to incubation and instrumentation infrastructure, and by nurturing innovation, the State intends to create a tsunami of beneficial impact from its initiatives.
15. Karnataka's advantage is the availability of the highly skilled man power. However, I am aware of the challenge of providing appropriate re-skilling to thousands of young people across the State, keeping the changing needs of the industry in mind and the emerging new technologies.
16. We have created an exclusive Department for Skill Development and Livelihood, with the objective of improving the content, quality and the certification requirements of Skill development programmes implemented by the State.
17. Our Government is contemplating to setup centres of excellence in aerospace, cyber security and other related areas to provide high-end skilling in areas of emerging technologies.
18. In addition, it intends to take up training and placement programmes in association with the industry.
19. I am happy to know that the Department of IT and BT is in the process of setting up a finishing school in Animation and Visual Effects in association with Industry bodies.
20. It is my belief that there are a number of opportunities opening up in emerging areas. The State would have to play a significant role as a catalyst to provide access to skilling to youth from rural and semi urban areas in such areas with high potential for employment.
21. I request IT, electronics and Animation Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics ( AVGC ) companies to join hands with our Government to increase the scale, size and quality of our skill programmes.
22.While speaking of innovation, one can't but elaborate on the role of the State to tap innovation for larger good. Last year, we announced a multi-sector Startup Policy, where we declared our intention to channelize innovation for social impact through grand challenges.
23. I am glad to note that two grand challenges - one related to monitoring the quality of sewage water and the other relating to early detection of crop diseases and pest infestation, have been announced.
24. Today I have launched the 3rd challenge which focuses on how to get communities engaged meaningfully in a transparent and democratic manner to ensure effective delivery of primary health care services.
25. There are areas in the State, which are low in human development index, and our Government is keen on working towards reduction of regional disparities.
26. Improving access to good health is an important game changer in ensuring inclusive development. I am hopeful that there will be good response to the challenge launched by the State, and we would succeed in getting innovative ideas and solutions that could change for the better our management of primary health care.
27. It is our conviction that Karnataka has a significant role to play in making India a thriving technology hub.
28. In 2015-16, one-third of investments in the IT sector in the country happened in Karnataka.
29. Karnataka was in the forefront in bringing out proactive policies governing IT, BT, Animation, Electronics and related fields. Karnataka initiated Karnataka Information Technology Venture Capital Fund ( KITVEN Fund ), Startup warehouse in collaboration with NASSCOM, initiative to encourage innovation in educational institutions through its new age incubation network even before Startup became a buzz word.
30. We will continue to focus our efforts on strengthening our leadership in the knowledge-based sectors.
31. We are building partnerships and collaborations with industry and academia both from within and outside the country, to further leverage the Brand Karnataka.
32. Our endeavour would be to create impact beyond our shores, by building an eco-system, which is ever innovating and inclusive in its reach and impact and thus lead the country in defining the next.
33. Ladies and gentlemen, I wish that your time in ITE.biz is fruitful, thought-provoking and impactful.
Good day to you all.
Jai Hind, Jai Karnataka