ಜಾಲತರಂಗ ಶೇಷಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ : ಕಾವೇರಿದ ಚರ್ಚೆ
ಶೇಷಾದ್ರಿಯವರ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯೆ :
ಅಂಕಣಕಾರ ನಟರಾಜ್ರ ಮಾರುತ್ತರ :
ಓದುಗರ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯೆಗಳು :
Instead of discussing the ideas, Mr. Sheshadri is trying to personally attack Dr. Nataraja. Mr. Sheshadri has strong views about the State of Alabama and the foreign policy of the USA. He is entitled to it. However, he should be able to hear other points of view also. If he disagrees, then let him give his version of the truth rather than making any personal attack.
- A.R. Char
I read with interest the readers feedback to Dr.Natarajs column and Natarajs rejoinder.
Here is what I observed:
* As Nataraj rightly says, a columnist generally projects his/her view or opinion about a News item. It fully is on his/her personal knowledge (depth or width) of the Newsarena. Might overlap with the general opinion of a whole lot of people, Or at times, only a handful of people might match the columnists opinion. Especially when the matter discussed is of political hue, and religion added to it, invariably it becomes very sensitive and the opinion/viewpoint may vary from different angles. Political commentators back in India, like M.V.Kamath, C.V.Rajagopal etc also have one time or other been accused of biased / misinforming commentaries.
* That way its no wonder Mr.Sheshadri opted to differ in his opinion to what Dr.Nataraj has put forth in the column. Well, Sheshadri, or any reader for that matter, has 100% freedom to do that. But the way he worded his feedback about the particular article in Natarajs column, is not diplomatic. He could have written with slightly more dignity and decorum. Very appreciable though is his excellent command over English language and the way thoughtprocess has been transformed into writing. Seldom we come across such "intelligent in writing too" readers. Sheshadri could have aired his views in a true objective manner doing away with the apparent character assassination of the columnist. May not be thats what he intended, but it sounds like that to me.
* You, as an Editor of an unbiased Newsportal did the right thing. You weighed both argument and the counterargument (or, lets say "viewpoint" instead of "argument") and decided to publish both unedited (I guess so). This is a model precedent to publish both writings (Sheshadris and Natarajs ) collated together and showcase them to the vast/intelligent crowd of thatskannada. That way, Sheshadris opinion is given its due respect and Dr. Natarajs rejoinder irons out any creases that might have formed in other readers.
My special wishes and regards to Sri Sheshadri for being a keen observer and to Dr.Nataraj for being candid in clarification and to you for taking true journalistic stand healthier for everyone.
Keep it up!
- Srivathsa Joshi, Maryland, USA
The Good Doctor Has Given A Large Dose Of Misinformation
I do not see any objectionable points in Dr Natarajs article.Only thing one need is awareness of current affairs.
I appriciate Mr Sheshadris willingness to defend USA/Bush Administration!!!!
Of course Dr Nataraj could have put more efforts to write much more elaborately so that person like Mr Sheshadri can understand!!!.
My request Mr Sheshadri, "Please have a control over your over language. Language speaks your mentality or attitute towards other person. I hope you will take my words sportively.
God bless every one . We are here to create better India , better world
- Muralidhar K ( Indian , Kannadiga)
ಜಾಲತರಂಗದ ‘ಜಗಳ’ ಬಹಳ ದೂರದವರೆಗೂ ಮುಟ್ಟಿದೆ ಅನಿಸುತ್ತೆ. ನನಗೆ ಅನಿಸಿದ ಮಟ್ಟಿಗೆ ಶೇಷಾದ್ರಿಯವರ ಉತ್ತರ (ಅಥವ ವಿಮರ್ಶೆ) ಸಭ್ಯತೆಯ ಪರಿಧಿಯಲ್ಲೇ ಇದೆ. ಆದರೂ ನಟರಾಜ್ರವರು ಶೇಷಾದ್ರಿಯವರ ಪ್ರತಿಕ್ರಿಯೆಯನ್ನು ತುಂಬಾ ವೈಯಕ್ತಿಕವಾಗಿ ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ ಅನಿಸುತ್ತೆ.
ಬರಹವನ್ನು ಉಪಯೋಗಿಸುವುದು ಬಹಳ ಸುಲಭ. ಹೆಲ್ಪ್ ಮೆನು ನೋಡಿ ನೀವೇ ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಬಹಳ ಸುಲಭವಾಗಿ ಪತ್ರ ಬರೆಯಬಹುದು.
ಬೋಧನ ಹೊಸ ಹಳ್ಳಿ,